There was a thread discussing Biggest Loser contestants and their weight regain. My blog post on the study can be found here.
But here’s one quote from the article:
More importantly, by week 6 participants’ metabolisms had slowed by 244 more calories per day than would have been expected simply as a function of their weight loss and by week 30, by 504 more.
: This is a good reminder why Weight Watchers is a marathon not a race. Check our newbies
page for tips for new people to Weight Watchers. So get in your Good Health Guidelines
(GHGs) and feel comfortable eating your daily PointsPlus target.
We’ve got Awesum34’s Healthy Oils tips posted now. Thanks to Cindy for passing this over.
For reference the 8 Good Health Guidelines (GHGs) that are part of the WeightWatchers 2012 PointsPlus plan are:
- Fruits and veggies: 5 servings/day (9 if over 350lbs)
- Lean proteins: 1-2 servings/day
- Non-fat and low-fat dairy: 2 servings/day (3 if you’re over 50 or if you weigh more than 250 pounds)
- Whole grains: Instead of refined white grains prefer whole grains
- Liquids: 6 glasses of (non-alcoholic) drinks/day
- Healthy Oils: 2 teaspoons/day
- Multivitamin: Take one a day
- Reduce intake of sugar, sodium and alcohol. Alcohol limited to 1/day women, 2/day men
These little soldiers tend to get under-emphasized in the push to track and count PointsPlus values but are an important part of the program.