How to Get in your Healthy Oils
Fish oils, Oil capsules, avocados, peanut butter, nuts, salad dressings, etc; do NOT count towards WW healthy oils requirements. Only the pourable kinds are counted.
WW encourages you to eat food-based forms of healthy oils such as avocados, nuts and fish. But you are ALSO required to have 2 tsp of the healthy oil that’s listed daily.
WW Healthy oils are: Safflower Oil, Sunflower Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Canola Oil, and Olive Oil
Ways to get them in
- Cook with it, a lot of recipes start off with oil in the skillet
- Mix up a marinade for meats and/or veggies
- Mix it with meat sauces, or most sauces
- Sautee with it.
- Drizzle over pasta
- Drizzle over popcorn
- Drizzle over veggies
- Drizzle over pizza
- Drizzle over corn on the cob
- Drizzle some over fat free cheese. It helps the cheese melt
- Mix up some salad dressing (like olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
- Rub it on poultry or fish before baking it
- Rub it on meats for the spices and/or rubs have something to stick to
- Rub some on a baked potato
- Grill sandwiches
- Stir Fry veggies
- Coat some homemade baked fries
- Makes garlic toast, (oil and garlic on bread toast)
- Add some to soups
- Add some to smoothies
- Mix 2 tsp olive oil to fat-free salad dressing
- Add to anything that is fat-free. Instead of the fat, you’re replacing it with healthy oils
- Roast veggies with oil
- Mix canola oil to oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies, and soups
- Put some in salsa
- If you eat frozen dinners, drizzle some over it.
- make some Herb or Spice Infused Oil, (for dipping or cooking)
- Mix in some Butter Buds or Molly McButter, You’ll have butter flavored oils.
- Mix some in the new PB2 peanut butter flour that a lot are trying. (you are replacing the fat with healthy oils)”